Arthritis is caused by an excess of uric acid crystals accumulating in the joint tissues. When the joints rub together, the friction makes itself obviously apparent in the form of inflammation.
If we can get to the root problem here, that is, decreasing the amount of uric acid deposited in the joint tissues, we can drastically reduce the amount of pain & stiffness in the joints. Cleaning up the diet & supplementing with certain herbs will also make a big difference. As with any effective treatment, I can not overemphasize the importance of patience in achieving your health goals. Look at where you are at now & visualize where you want to be, in lets say, 3 months. Accept the fact that the kind of food/lifestyle you were participating in your whole life got you to the point that you are at now. The body isn't designed to heal overnight. Healing takes time. Be patient, and you will see results. Give Nature a chance and She will prove effective with Her remedies.
When a patient gets diagnosed with arthritis, they are either prescribed Motrin, steroid injections, patches, or better yet, surgery. Sounds fun huh? That is the best that the medical community has to offer: a quick and easy solution designed to relive pain fast, neglecting the root issue as the symptoms continue to progress and more powerful drugs/injections are needed. Don't get yourself caught in the medication trap, get to the ROOT cause and start hacking away at it. Get yourself the necessary tools (herbs/supplements) and don't hesitate to act on it. Herbs don't work unless you take them.
Whenever I work with people who suffer from this condition, I first examine their diet & lifestyle habits. Are they eating an animal based diet? Are they eating a lot of grains? Are they getting enough healthy fats? What kind of water are they drinking? All of these factors have a huge play in the development of arthritis.
- Strive for at least 75% raw foods in your diet.
- Decrease the amount of animal protein you are eating to very little (once a week) or even better, eliminate it all. Sardines are the worst, as they have the highest amount of uric acid. Organ meats are also very dangerous to people who suffer from arthritis. Eliminate these foods and document the difference.
- Cut down on grain consumption. The less, the better. Grains are very high in Omega 6 fatty acids, prime cause of inflammation in the American diet. Sugars are also very detrimental.
- If you are drinking hard water (60-200 ppm) stop! Hard water will continue to calcify your joints & deposit minerals in places you don't want. Switch to drinking a low ppm spring water available in your area, or if this is not practical for you, get a water filter that removes all the sediments/pollutants/toxins in your water (ex: a carbon based filter).
- Start eating a lot of cherries. Cherries have natural anti-inflammatory compounds in them that combat arthritis & gout. If you can't find fresh cherries, or they are out of season in your area, find a good black cherry juice.
- Many studies have found colloidal gold to be an effective treatment for arthritis.
- DMSO - Dimethyl sulfoxide. DMSO is merely a sulfur compound leftover from the lumber industry with the same toxicity as water (you'd have to drink as much as the lethal dose for water to overdose, that is, a lot!) Many people have had great success with DMSO. Start applying it externally to the joints where the pain is. Do not walk on any synthetic carpet or subject yourself to any chemicals in any way, shape, or form while applying a DMSO poultice as it is a strong solvent and can carry exogenous chemicals into the bloodstream. DMSO can also be used internally, but do not attempt this unless under the guidance of a licensed health practitioner.
- MSM/glucosamine/chondroitin combination - take as a supplement; the recommended dosage will be shown on the label.
- Supplement your diet with Omega 3 fatty acids. Hempseed oil is the best. Hempseed oil is not only high in the anti-inflammatory Omega 3s, but also contains additional anti-inflammatory fats such as GLA & SDA. Start adding it to salads, smoothies, or any type of healthy entree.
- Find a good chiropractor (for spine issues) or a physical therapist. Both are shown effective to work in conjunction with diet/herb therapy.
If you are interested in the complete arthritis protocol, with the most effective herbal remedies for treating arthritis, please email me at email@example.com and I will send you the complete package with any additional nutritional counseling you may desire.
In health & happiness,