Now, I've never been overweight (thankfully), but I can teach you how to boost your metabolism naturally without drugs or surgery. There are many life style modifications that cause the metabolism to speed up. Here are some steps to take in the right direction that will prove themselves if you actually do them.
Thermogenics - I will discuss these first, since they are the easiest to adopt into one's program and require little to no effort:
- Cayenne pepper - A well known thermogenic, speeds up metabolism when consumed regularly & has many other health benefits. Said to stop a heart attack. Good for circulation & cooling the body.
- Green tea - Thermogenic. Increases metabolism & cleanses the system. It works on every organ in the body, possessing more health benefits than almost any other herb. Regular consumption of green tea not only contributes to longevity, but supports a healthy mood by its L-theanine content. EGCG, the main antioxidant in tea, is a very strong free radical scavenger and helps keep us from aging prematurely. Very beneficial for the pancreas, which produces enzymes necessary for digestion, thus making the digestive process more efficient.
- Yerba mate - Contains a considerable amount of chromium, which helps regulate glucose (GTF - Glucose Tolerance Factor) & slows down digestion of food. Can be used to help regulate appetite. Has more antioxidants than gren tea.
Believe it or not, most people have approximately 10-20 lbs. of feces lodged in their colon, which can be dislodged by having a colonic. This is a great way to get people on the road to health fast, as they will quickly realize how an unnatural diet clogs up the body's organs & glands. Most people report feeling better & more energetic immediately after having a colonic; at the same time, it is also possible to have what is called a "healing crisis" where the body dumps massive amounts of toxins from the gallbladder into the colon and is eliminated, causing the liver & kidneys to be overwhelmed in this process. This can manifest in the form of headaches, fogginess, low energy levels, pent up emotions releasing to the surface, and much much more.
- Stress and lack of sleep are known to cause weight gain, by causing the body to produce more cortisol.
- Exercises should be short and intense. Jogging is not favorable for losing weight, since the body quickly adapts to this regime and conserves energy. Strenuous exercise is a must, pushing the boundaries further and further each workout. Exercising the whole body is important too, compared to using isolated machinery which only targets small muscle groups. When you work out the whole body vs. isolated muscles, the body is triggered to burn calories days later, cranking up the metabolism for a good 36-48 hours after a workout; jogging only burns calories when you jog.
- Endocrine health is essential for losing weight. When one hits 40-50 years of age, the endocrine system starts deteriorating, resulting in a lack of hormones and weight gain. Keeping the endocrine system in tip-top shape is critical for staying fit. Coconut oil can be supplemented into the diet, as it benefits the thyroid gland, which regulates weight. Many people notice a big difference once the thyroid gland wakes up from its slumber. Iodine is also essential and can be obtained from kelp, a seaweed used for its mineral content & polysaccharides. Kelp helps to flush the body of toxins and prevent them from accumulating in the body. It is also very good for edema.
Strive to eat 75% raw foods, unprocessed, fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds. Eating less carbs will trigger weight loss. Fat does not necessarily cause weight gain, it is the type of fat consumed. Coconut oil, olive oil, hemp oil, etc. are all good for the body in reasonable amounts. Low fat diets cause people to crash and continue their old eating habits. Fats satiate the appetite & help us eat less.
- Kombucha, a type of fermented tea, is a great weight loss aid. Kombucha is also a great source of enzymes, to help assist with digestion. It cleanses the liver & allows us to assimilate more nutrition from our food.
- Probiotics - Essential for intestinal flora health. Helps break down food at a molecular level. Keeps our immune system strong & free from invaders. Helps with candida, to prevent bad bacteria from taking over. Especially important for anyone who's ever taken antibiotics (anti=against, boitics=biology/life) in their life time.
- Gynostemma - A tea from China that is associated with longevity. Contains saponins similar to ginseng which promote energy & stamina. Saponins act as "soaps" to literally flush fat from the body. Gynostemma not only helps us stay trim, but can help to build muscle too. It has been show to increase the weight of the adrenal glands, supporting a healthy endocrine system.
- Sun Warrior - The best raw vegan protein powder around. Contains 85% protein in a highly assimilable form. Used by MMA fighters for its efficiency. Can be used as a meal replacement. Great for athletes of all ages & especially the elderly, who require highly digestible amino acids for cellular repair.
- Raw chocolate - There is much misinformation regarding chocolate. I know it may sound too good to be true, but raw cacao, the nut that all chocolate is made from, is one of the best weight loss foods around. It is a mineral supplement in and of itself. It contains way over the RDA (recommended daily allowance) of magnesium, iron, & chromium. Magnesium is the #1 mineral deficiency in the US. Lack of magnesium is attributed towards almost every dis-ease. It is essential for over 2,000 enzyme functions in the body. Cacao also suppresses the appetite, giving us abundant energy & vitality to pursue our life. Adding cacao to one's diet can trigger an entrance to Heaven on Earth. It opens the heart chakra, allowing us to laugh at events that stress most people out. It is our safeguard against stress in the modern age, evoking emotions that take us to higher planes.
A note on hoodia: There is no doubt that hoodia works in reducing appetite, yet it has some precautions: too much hoodia can cause heart palpitations, anxiety, and nervousness, since it is a central nervous system stimulant, certain people should avoid it. Use at your own risk!
I sincerely wish you the best on your journey to better health & longevity. May you succeed on your efforts & goals. If you take action on the steps that I've provided, I promise that you will get results.