Let’s take a look at the horrible mass shootings perpetrated by depressed sociopathic young men, some of which Dr. Phil mentioned earlier (from Citizens Commission on Human Rights):
- September 28, 2006: Bailey, Colorado: Duane Morrison, 53, entered Platte Canyon High School and shot and killed one girl, and sexually assaulted 6 others. Antidepressants were found in his vehicle.
- March 21, 2005: Red Lake Indian Reservation, Minnesota: 16-year-old Native American Jeff Weise was under the influence of the antidepressant Prozac when he shot and killed nine people and wounding five before committing suicide.
- April 10, 2001: Wahluke, Washington: 16-year-old Cory Baadsgaard took a rifle to his high school, and held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage while on a high dose of the antidepressant Effexor.
- March 22, 2001: El Cajon, California: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman was on two antidepressants, Effexor and Celexa, when he opened fire at his California high school wounding five.
- March 7, 2000: Williamsport, Pennsylvania: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was on the antidepressant Prozac when she blasted away at fellow students in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, wounding one.
- May 20, 1999: Conyers, Georgia: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with a mix of antidepressants when he opened fire on and wounded 6 of his classmates.
- April 20, 1999: Columbine, Colorado: 18-year-old Eric Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox when he and his partner Dylan Klebold killed 12 classmates and a teacher and wounded 23 others before taking their own lives in the bloodiest school massacre to date. The coroner confirmed that the antidepressant was in his system through toxicology reports while Dylan Klebold’s autopsy was never made public.
- April 16, 1999: Notus, Idaho: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school narrowly missing students; he was taking a mix of antidepressants.
- May 21, 1998: Springfield, Oregon: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his own parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 22. Kinkel had been on Prozac.
It isn’t even controversial to point out that these antidepressant drugs lead to violence and suicidal ideation among young men. Such warnings are clearly printed on the labels of many of these drugs.
“Antidepressants increase the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior … in children and adolescents with major depressive disorder and other psychiatric disorders,” the warning begins. Those risks must be balanced against clinical need, the label indicates in a warning surrounded by a black box, hence the “black box” designation.
The new warnings will be carried by all antidepressants, including Anafranil, Aventyl, Celexa, Cymbalta, Desyrel, Effexor, Elavil, Lexapro, Ludiomil, Luvox, Marplan, Nardil, Norpramin, Pamelor, Parnate, Paxil, Pexeva, Prozac, Remeron, Sarafem, Serzone, Sinequan, Surmontil, Symbyax, Tofranil, Tofranil-PM, Triavil, Vivactil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft and Zyban.
Most of the rest of the civilized world won’t even allow doctors to prescribe these medications to young people, but here in the United States, there is a lot of money to be made by scaring people to “tell their doctor”* to prescribe the latest pill to make up for bad or negligent parenting.
Source - www.norml.org
WildAlchemist's Note: I decided to post this on the blog because I think it is a very important issue that is not widely discussed. The number of young people on anti-depressant medications has skyrocketed and these powerfully mind-altering drugs are being handed out like candy in schools by doctors. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you may know that there are numerous alternatives to psychiatric drugs for treating depression. Putting an individual that suffers from depression on a synthetic drug that can cause suicidal tendencies is a recipe for disaster. We need to re-think our strategy for dealing with depression and turn to natural alternatives that don't carry the heavy load of side effects that drugs like Prozac do, after all, it is possible to feel the best ever 100% of the time when your body is in sync with the natural order of things and is nourished by real foods that raise our vibration to the point where depression and other mental illnesses seem like they're from a lower dimensional existence and thus not a possibility in your matrix of consciousness.